Many outdoor activities require the use of a small yet powerful illumination tool. You can find many brands offering such lights. Let’s have a look at what the Fenix flashlights series offers to the enthusiast camper, hiker, hunter or whatever. We found that the Fenix PD32Â is quite suitable for the fisherman.
The light emitter component
This light, as some other recent Fenix lights, is equipped with the White CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED. The main characteristics of this newest LED are:
Modern electronics for a smart light
- It protects against improper battery installation.
- There is also an overheating protection function to avoid high temperature on the surface of your Fenix flashlight.
How bright is it?
The Fenix PD32 features four brightness levels and two special modes of operation.
It is noteworthy that brightness levels are very well spaced between each other, thus maximizing the versatility of this flashlight.
A convenient user interface
Like most Fenix flashlights, the PD32Â features a simple user-friendly interface.
- A tactical tail switch with a dual function: light press for momentary ON function, press and click for standard ON-OFF function.
- A side switch on the head for output mode selection: you can cycle through the four modes with just one single press or reach one of the two special modes with a longer press.
Buttons are very sturdy and feels solid. However, the little end button can be uncomfortable to press if you have big hands.
- Fenix recommends using theÂ Fenix ARB-L2 18650 rechargeable battery. This battery features large capacity, outstanding performance, great reliability, and compact design, 2600 mAh, over-heat protection, built in over-charge and over-discharge protection.
- Fenix recommends using the Fenix ARE-C1 Smart Battery Charger for 18650 Rechargeable Battery w/ Car Adapter. The ARE-C1 Smart Battery Charger completely charges your 2600mAh 18650 rechargeable battery in 3.5 hours. This unit comes with a wall plug and car plug to fit your charging needs. Advanced Safety Features: Short circuit protection Over-current protection, Overcharge protection, and Reverse polarity protection.
How good is the case design?
YES! A limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty is included with the purchase. As previously stated, you don’t need a spare bulb.
Do I get a warranty, you ask?
YES! A limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty is included with the purchase.
As previously stated, you don’t need a spare bulb.